Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults in Our Parish
This group meets bi-monthly. Its purpose is to create a safe environment for children and vulnerable adults within the Parish and to respond appropriately to any issues or concerns about their safety. It does this in the following ways:
- It carries out Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks on all those working regularly with children and vulnerable adults.
- It provides access to appropriate training for every volunteer or employee in the parish who works with Children, Young People and Vulnerable adults.
- It ensures that all Parish Group leaders are aware of their responsibility to safeguard children and vulnerable adults.
- It ensures that posters giving local and national helpline numbers are prominently displayed throughout the Church premises.
- It keeps the Parish up-to-date with any information guidelines or directives from the Diocesan Safeguarding Commission.
- It reviews the Parish Policy and Guidelines annually.
Contact person: Anne Iheanacho, 07979 963477
Diocesan Safeguarding page: http://www.portsmouthdiocese.org.uk/safeguarding/
Diocesan Safeguarding e-Learning Courses: